I love September, and not because I become one more year wiser. It is because the familiar smells September brings. Since I live here in Puyallup, the smell of the fair pierces the air, and the smell of funnel cake and smoked turkey legs cloud the air for miles. The afternoons are perfect with the tempature around the mid 70's, perfect for the afternoon run, or an early evening walk to pick blackberries. There is a distinct smell that lingers as the evenings get colder and knowing that autumn is right around the corner. September is the month where someone in the neighborhood starts the first fire in the fireplace, and it makes you want to bring out that old flannel that your wife says,"when you are not looking, I am going to burn that thing in the fire." Well, she may have burt it already, but the memories of wearing that flannel brings a smile to your face, and you can almost still smell the camp fire that stains the fabric of that old camping veteran. Well last of all, what I love about September is the beginning of the football season.
Well the year has begun, and I have been in shock to find that my football family is behind the times. I couldn't believe my ears when I heard from several of you guys that you did not know that the Dallas Cowboys were playing on national TV last Sunday. Well since I do not want to feel let down again, I will help my fellow football brothers out and let you all know that the Cowboys are playing this Monday. Now Unfortunately, Monday night football in no longer on the network stations, but it is on ESPN. So dust off your old cowboys stuff and put it on because the Cowboys are going to the Super bowl. If they don't I say we all go down to Dallas and lynch Tony Romo. Love you all, and LETS PLAY SOME FOOTBALL!!
Also for those following the college games, Oregon, which most of us have either been there, watched a game or two, or have even played on the same field, should know that have started the season off very strong. For those who want to know that poor John and his University of Washington team has not been as fortunate, but who knows the season has only begun. Good luck John. And last of all BYU has also started out very strong. Good luck to what ever team you are cheering on, and I hope that September will always have a special place in your heart since it is the best month of the year.... as far as sports go.
Love to all
JJ
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I know I am not a part of Jeremiah's family but I have to say. Gag...Gag...Bleh!
I seriously DISLIKE football season because I am almost a widow!
Post a Comment