Saturday, July 25, 2009

Catching Up

I realize that I have been very neglectful in posting updates on our blog lately. I never realized how hard it is to be a working mom until this last month. And in reality, I haven't had my girls for the last two weeks. So really, I don't know that I can classify myself as a working mom because other, very generous, members of my family have been loving and caring for my girls so that I can work. I have been blessed to have several opportunities, through the staffing agency which I am registered, to work over the last few months. These positions were typically one or two day assignments. However, at the end of June, I was given the opportunity to work a long term temp job with WSU Extension Energy Office. I've been working 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. for the last month and, though it has been a great thing, it has also been very hard and I've been exhausted. It's been five years since I've worked a "real" job and I had forgotten how little gets done outside of work hours, because there just is not enough time in one day.

We are excited to announce that things are about to change for us again. Jeremiah has been offered a job in Springville, Utah. This was a position he intereviewed for quite some time ago and they had decided, though he had great qualifications, they wanted someone who spoke Spanish. They called him back a few weeks later, indicated that his skills were far more important to them, and after interviewed him again, they offered him a job. He has worked the last two weeks for Irontown Homes as an Assistant Production Manager. He is overseeing the prefabrication process of high end custom home building (3,000-6,000 sq. ft. homes) in a warehouse. Though this is in his field, he has a huge learning curve and he is doing his best to keep up. He is thrilled to be working for someone he knows (one of the partners is the man who trained him at Pulte Homes in 2004). He is also grateful to be back to work. And we are so very thrilled that our prayers for his employment have been answered.

In addition, we have almost closed the sale of our home in Las Vegas. Yesterday we signed the final paperwork and are awaiting news that the deal is complete. This has been another HUGE blessing for us (and another answered prayer). It has been a long process and we are extremely grateful to our realtor, Armi Abiera of Prudential. She has not only been a dedicated advocate for us, but also a great friend and we know she's been working really hard to help us sell our place. It has been bittersweet to let it go and it's certainly not the money making sell we had hoped for when we first became homeowners, but to be released from that great burden is almost as satisfying as it would have been to walk away with some pocket change. We are hopeful that we can save enough money (and settle somewhere) that we can buy again in a few years.

Today is moving day. Jeremiah has found us a home to rent in Springville (he's even been sleeping on an air mattress there for the last week) and flew in Thursday night. He loaded up the moving truck yesterday (with help from our own dedicated moving specialist, Mark and one of his friends) and we are headed out today. There is more to catch up on, but I will have to do it soon. Thank you all for your continue prayers in our behalf. We could not have made it through this year without family and friends who love and care enough to help.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Congrats on the job and selling the house!!! I am so excited that things are looking up for you guys!! Have a safe, quick, and wonderful move!

SabinJT said...

I miss you... nuff said...

thehalvs said...

In Springville! You will live so close to us! We are wanting to live in the Mapleton area, right next door to Springville! I'm so excited for you guys and can't wait to see you next summer!