Peyton’s First (and second) Loose Tooth
My sweet Peyton lost both her front bottom teeth within a week of each other (thanks to Jeremiah's handy work). She was so excited when the Tooth Fairy brought her a two dollar bill for her first tooth and a Sacajawea dollar for her second. Ever since then she continues to insist that her front teeth are loose too, but they’re not budging at all!
Golfing with Jeremiah
One of Jeremiah’s birthday requests was that we would go golfing together. For those who don’t know, I golfed in high school and worked at a golf course through my first three years of college. Since one of the perks of working at a golf course was free golf, I encouraged Jeremiah to start golfing (he’d only gone once or twice). As a result of my encouragement, Jeremiah has become an avid golfer. Unfortunately, he played golf much more often than I have over our 12 years of marriage. He even has the great set of clubs to prove it.
We decided to start slow and go to the range first. Two weeks later we went golfing. It wasn’t until I was out on the course that I realized I hadn’t been golfing since 2007. That is just WAY too long! And it felt SO good (thank goodness it’s like riding a bike)! I look forward to retirement when we have a membership to a club and can golf our little hearts away. That has been a dream of mine since my first summer at Lake Chelan Golf Course. I watched 80 year old Chet (oh man, I can’t remember his last name) and his cute wife come golfing each day. I thought that was the sweetest thing!
Mojo & Owen
The “freedom” that came with both girls in school didn’t last long. As an early birthday present to himself, Jeremiah made his first impulse buy and bought a puppy. Owen joined our family the week after school started. The bliss I felt in having my days to myself quickly faded as I realized I’d be the one doing the potty training. Thank goodness for the kennel.
A New School Year
The day after we got home from Vegas, the girls started the new school year. It’s hard to believe that Annalyce is in the fourth grade and Peyton in first. As I watched them both get on the bus, I wasn’t sure if I should be sad or ecstatic. Instead I simply came inside and got right to work to keep myself distracted. When Jeremiah came home for lunch we realized how much fun it was going to be to have a daily lunch date while the girls are away.
Washington/Vegas Trip
The girls and I spent two and a half weeks traveling in August. We (by “we” I mean “I”) drove from Utah to Eastern Washington (13 hours) and spent a week. Then we (I) drove to Western Washington for a week (4 hours). While there we celebrated Jared’s birthday with the Leuck family and also attended the wedding of a good friend. Then we (I) drove home (14 hours) to participate in a Fiddle Fest with other local Suzuki students, do some laundry, and pick up daddy so we (by “we” I mean “Jeremiah”) could drive the six hours to Vegas to have a fun weekend with Jeremiah’s parents. I was exhausted from all of the travel, but we had so much fun and saw so many people we love! Here are just a few pictures of our activities. One of the things we did was watch the Tournament of Kings. We ate with our hands, were completely rambunctious, and thoroughly entertained!
2 comments:
LOVE it all. Question: How'd your toothfairy get so rich. A TWO dollar bill?! Ya-Hoo!
I know, our tooth fairy likes to show off. The $2 bill only comes with the first tooth. Every other tooth is a Sacagawea dollar.
Post a Comment