Thursday, February 19, 2009

My Resume ... Yikes!

Today I am sitting in the Pierce County Library preparing my resume and a letter of intent for a great job that my friend, Elizabeth at Peyton's preschool, suggested to me. I am totally freaked out since it has been five years since I have "worked a real job" . . . other than being a doula for a short time and working at Silverstone Golf Club in Vegas for the free golf. Okay, so being a mom and the PTA President are real jobs, but not financially rewarding. Anyhow, I had forgotten how much work this was! I finally decided it was time to take a break, or am I procrastinating? Hmmm....

So the job is for an Early Childhood Education Assistance Program (ECEAP)/Comprehensive Pre-K Specialist (mouthfull huh?). ECEAP has been so good to us, it is the preschool program that Peyton attends. I absolutely love the women that dedicate their time to my daughter and the other families that could use the resources that they provide. I have no idea if I am completely qualified for this position, but I do have some of the desirable qualifications, a bachelor's in human development and experience working with volunteers and families (Welcome Baby/Doula). I'm thinking I can fit my PTA experience in there somewhere too. I'm just not sure how to pull it all together and make it relevant. Lots of work to do! But, I always love a challenge. Any suggestions or ideas for nailing the job?

As an update, Jeremiah is still in Vegas looking for employment. At this point, he is simply sticking with it since he will have surgery in two weeks in San Diego on his shoulder. We are so thrilled to have the surgery finally scheduled since it's been two years since his accident and we still have not settled (it's going to court because AAA wasn't willing to setttle). Wish that guy hadn't rear-ended him on the freeway! The girls and I desperately miss him and can't wait to be reunited.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Its horrible being in the job hunt. Adam is also looking for a job and has been out of work for 2 months. Good luck with your job, it sounds fun.

AJsGirls said...

I just re-did my resume the other day....it was HARD! Reader's Digest this month has a great article that would help out! XO