Thursday, April 16, 2009

Like riding a bike . . .




We have had a few beautiful days recently and decided it was time to pull the girls bicycles out of storage. We seriously were pulling teeth to get them to ride though. I remember having difficulty last year with Annalyce (moving to a bigger bike), but Peyton has always been a bit of a daredevil and loved riding last year. This year has been different. Peyton started out timid, but was willing to jump on and ride the first day. Annalyce put up quite the fight (she was seriously freaking out). Finally, after a lot of crying and frustration, we convinced her to ride. I even used the saying, "it's like riding a bike" and show her that mom could even ride her bike when I haven't ridden in forever. Annalyce has asked almost every day since if she could ride (even when it's raining). But Peyton is the one throwing the fit now. I can't believe there is this much drama over riding bicycles. It's time mom got her own bike and we all started riding together regularly (I'm not sure that is possible here in Washington???).

On a side note, we have postponed our move to Utah until June. We are still hoping to find employment and a chance for a "normal" life again. Both of us are completely freaked about returning to college life. In all seriousness, there were other reasons for postponing. We will continue to update you on our decision.

3 comments:

thehalvs said...

You know you don't have to convince us that bike riding rocks! And according to my hubby you can totally ride any day here in Washington. What's a little mud and rain? For guys that just adds to the fun. Miss you Melissa...
Jenn

AJsGirls said...

Isn't it wierd how you can just get on a bike and go? If I didn't walk for 3 years I would probably have trouble but not a bike!!!!

Lisa said...

Your in our prayers