Friday, June 5, 2009

Our Memorial Day Campout

I was really excited to find new posts on several friends blogs today! While visiting one of those blogs I checked to see where we were on their blog list and realized that it has been three weeks since I've posted. Bad, bad me.

So here is a post about our camping trip over Memorial Day Weekend and just a few of the pictures ...

We were invited to join Jeremiah's sister, Angela, and her family in Florence, OR again this year at the South Jetty NACO campgrounds. The weather was beautiful (though a little windy) We walked the beach looking for sand dollars and found anemones and sea stars, walked old town and picked up some salt water taffy (a favorite from my childhood), rode the go carts and bumper boats, took a short hike and "surfed" the sand dunes. It was a really enjoyable weekend with those we love!
This is as close to swinging on the rope Jeremiah got. I put my foot down. His shoulder just wasn't ready.
Last year the swing had a seat (a small disc) and it was much easier to swing on it. I was not prepared for how my arms would feel after swinging twice. I really need to build some upper body strength!I absolutely LOVE this picture of the girls. They were having so much fun and it just captures their joy.
Throwing rocks into the water had Peyton entertained for a good hour.Our beach toys are in storage. So we brought cups and spoons to the beach and the girls had fun with those.

1 comment:

AJsGirls said...

Looks like SO much fun! Look at those girls getting dirty!