In October 2010, after consulting with several Obstetricians we learned that there were many women with more serious risk factors having babies and that it wouldn't be too concerning in my case since my Gestation Diabetes had only been diet controlled and I had not needed insulin. So we decided to start trying for a baby.
After several months of trying with no success we started to get discouraged and, in August, while visiting family in Washington I went to see a Acupuncturist to discuss why it was taking so long to get pregnant. She did her assessment and suggested that my body might not be ready. She also shared several reasons why pregnancy might not be safe for me since I only had the one kidney. I walked away from that appointment (and our follow up conversation) a little more discouraged. And went home to share the information with Jeremiah. She had shared some scary statistics which got Jeremiah a little concerned and we talked a little about adoption; however, we both know that through the Lord anything is possible. So we decided to try one last time for a baby and if it didn't happen (which we were sure would be the result since it had been 10 months since we started trying), we would pursue adoption.
Just a couple of weeks later I realized my cycle was late and decided to sneak into the bathroom to take a pregnancy test. Jeremiah had no idea that I was late or that I had purchased a test. It was 6 a.m. and I sat nervously in the bathroom waiting for the results. When it was time I looked at the test and saw a faint line, but couldn't decide if it was real or not. I went out to the bed and woke Jeremiah to get his response. He was surprised and doubtful so he suggested I give it a few days and take another test. In my gut I was sure I was pregnant, but decided to humor him. Four days later I took the test again and sure enough, the line was darker. We were beyond thrilled!
3 comments:
Wow. What a miracle.
That is an awesome story, thank you for sharing it. You are such an amazing family, we are so happy for you.
Sorry for the late comment, just catching up. Congratulations!!!
Post a Comment