Saturday, February 25, 2012

Halloween 2011

The Red Barn Pumpkin Patch


We took a trip to The Red Barn for family night and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves (though it got dark too soon). The girls were amazed by the big pumpkins they had on display and always enjoy searching the patch for the perfect pumpkin. It was a lot of fun and the apple cider donuts as our treat were absolutely worth the trip!

A Black Cat and a Mummy Princess


I hate store bought costumes and have made several costumes over the last few years. My favorites are the animal costumes, they're just a piece of cake. So Peyton's black cat was easy this year. Annalyce's mummy princess was a little more challenging, but I found a pattern online and that helped. I even got to try my hand at tea dying the fabric, leggings, and tee shirt. That was a fun experience. I am not a seamstress by any means, but I think it turned out pretty good. She loved it and that is all that really matters.

The girls participated in Halloween violin concert this year. The music was so much fun, but there were A LOT of kids (about 200) and it was a bit crazy. They did amazing and enjoyed getting all dressed up!

No comments: