Saturday, March 15, 2008

Cruisin' in the Caribbean

Jeremiah and I got back from the Caribbean just a couple of weeks ago and cannot believe it took us 10 years to take our first vacation together. We had such a wonderful time. Nothing beats good company, unlimited food, sunshine, the Atlantic ocean, and a few days in some unbelievably beautiful places! We stopped in Puerto Rico, St. Thomas and St. Maarten. Our favorite was St. Thomas and we would love to go back to an all inclusive resort someday. After a little morning shopping, we headed to Trunk Bay on St. John. The views were breathtaking. Although we didn't get as much time on the beach as we would have liked, we thoroughly enjoyed the crystal clear water and the snorkeling. It is a must see!

We were so excited to finally be on board the ship that we took a TON of pictures!




























Our first meal, a buffet! Yum!

















The Captain of the Carnival Victory.
















The Cruise Director -- Malcolm in the Middle
Whoo Hoo!
You can see the Captain trying to sneak into the picture (behind Mark). He was hilarious!


Of course all cruisers must learn what to do in case of an emergency. We probably could have skipped the whole drill . . . our cabin steward had already put the "Evacuated" sign on our door (Jeremiah was really tempted). But, I am a serious "rule follower" and party pooper! I couldn't pass up the photo opportunity!

AND FINALLY . . .

We had so much fun with Alicia and Mark and are glad that they talked us into a cruise. We got to lay in the sun, act like kids and eat, eat, eat. We definitely felt like pigs by the end of the week.

3 comments:

Dave said...

What a fun trip. We've been talking about a cruise lately, but it will probably be a few years before we can do it. Did you leave from Miami? I've heard the ones that leave up hear from Mobile and New Orleans can be kind of scary... Glad you had a good time. I'll be in WA for the next 3 weeks doing survival training at Fairchild - most assuredly not a good time, but it will be good to at least be out west for a bit.

AJsGirls said...

Yea! An Update!!!!! Great pictures!

The Hegsted Family said...

I must admit, I am soooo jealous. That view is gorgeous, and it looks like you guys had such a great time! I'm definitely going on a cruise someday. You've convinced me! --Krissy