Monday, October 27, 2008

Caramel Apples for FHE


Friday night around 10:15 p.m. the doorbell rang. It frightened me a little since I was alone. I was on the phone with my sister who said "Don't open the door" when noone responded to my timid "hello, who's there." But when I peeked out the window I found a fun surprise and decided it was safe.

We were "boo'd". There on the porch was a trick-or-treat back filled with goodies for making caramel apples from an unknown family in our ward -- one who does really fun things for FHE by the way! Tonight the girls and I made caramel apples. It was too bad daddy couldn't be here. The results aren't very pretty, but they sure were fun and yummy! Never thought I would like marshmallows on caramel apples.

I asked the girls what they wanted to say to the family that shared on the blog. This is their reply . . .

"Dear Them, Whoever gave them to us, thank you and goodbye." Peyton

"We appreciated the caramel apples you gave us. We liked how we got to decorate them. Me and my sister thought they were DELICIOUS!" Annalyce

Thank you, whoever you are for bringing simple pleasure to our little family. We appreciated your thoughtfulness and generosity. And sure had a lot of fun! We love you!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: