Thursday, November 20, 2008

When It Rains, It Pours

Although we have been blessed beyond measure these last few months . . . sometimes it's hard not to feel like when it rains, it pours.

My check engine light went on a couple of weeks ago after my Accord shifted really hard. After taking it to the dealership this morning for a diagnostic test, we learned that we need a new transmission. It is a 2002 and only has 102,000 miles on it. Here I thought I bought a Honda because they last and I need a new transmission?! Argh . . .

So, they offered us a deal. Apparently the Accord from 1999-2001 had transmission problems and they aren't willing to rule out the chance that a few of those problems carried over to the 2002 model. And, since it really shouldn't need a new transmission, they are willing to cut us this great deal. Only $1400. "Really, I said. Only $1400? That shouldn't be a problem because we are just rollin' in the dough these days!" Right! Okay, so it really is a good deal. According to the other place I called, the dealership is giving us $1000 off. So what else is there to do? This is our family vehicle.

You ever wonder when? When will we get ahead? When will we be able to breath easy? When will we have $1400 and not think twice about spending it? Yeah right, I don't think I will EVER be there. Oh well, at least my car will be like new for a couple thousand more miles and then I will need to replace the timing belt, that's just an $800 job.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry things are rough right now. I am praying for you!