Monday, August 22, 2011

The End of Summer

We had a rather quiet summer this year. The girls spent most of their days doing chores and playing with friends. I spent most of my day working - being a full-time mom/wife and a full-time employee is a lot of work! And Jeremiah spent his days at work and playing on the soccer field or the basketball court.

June was filled with Peyton's softball games. It was a lot of fun to watch our baby girl thoroughly enjoy herself on the diamond. She did so well hitting the ball and running the bases.




In July we celebrated our nation's independence and Peyton's 7th birthday. It's hard to believe our baby is seven years old! Time is just flying by. Peyton opted for a family birthday party and we celebrated with dinner at Red Robin and a night at the movies (we saw Cars 2).





We had Seth & Soren over for a couple of nights in July too. The kids attempted camping out on the trampoline, but that didn't last long. Soren was the first casualty. Then Annalyce and Seth came in. We had to go out and wake Peyton up to bring her inside since no one else wanted to sleep on the "hard" trampoline.




The end of July was spent in New Mexico visiting Auntie Elizabeth, Aaron, Noelle, and Madeleine. This was our first trip to the Land of Enchantment and the drive was REALLY beautiful. If I hadn't been driving, I would have taken lots of pictures. After nine long hours, we made it to the Jones' home and spent a lovely week with my favorite family. In preparation for the twins, I helped Elizabeth get baby clothes ready and organize her closets and garage. I love organizing! It's too bad I've fallen behind on my own home! We spent one afternoon at the Albuquerque Temple and another afternoon at a really cool aquatic center. The aquatic center was SO much fun! I think watching Elizabeth, at 36 weeks, go down the water slide was the highlight of that night! She is one amazing woman!









We finished off our summer with our annual trip to Chelan, Washington. This is always my favorite part of the summer! I enjoy spending time at Lakeside park laying in the sun, relaxing in the shade, swimming in the lake and watching my girls enjoy the water. We also enjoyed time with Alicia's family, the Rightmier family, Lannette, Aunt Judi and Oma & Opa. It was a mini family reunion of sorts and we did not want to leave. I also had the opportunity to visit with my best friend from Middle/High school, Casey.






I guess it wasn't as quiet as I thought it was! We had a lot of fun visiting friends and family. It was hard to come home, but mostly because I wasn't ready to make the 14 hour drive or face the fact that it is time to pack up this house and move. Yes, we have been asked by our Landlord to move so that he can live in this home again. We were hoping to make a move to Las Vegas and purchase a home, but with the unsteady economy we thought it would be best for Jeremiah to keep his job here and to continue to save money. We have been very blessed this year with work for both of us and while we don't consider Utah home, we will stay another year and see what the next year has to offer us.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Glad to see you're posting again Melissa! So when are you guys moving and to where?

Melissa said...

It looks like we are going to move in the next two weeks. We found a house by the old stake center here in Springville that is for sale and they're looking for someone to rent month to month. It's not the ideal situation, but it seems to be the only option for now.