My sister, Erika, has been fighting cancer since February last year. In September, after chemotherapy and dropping five inches of height (and shrinking several sizes) she was told she was in remission. We were all thrilled! However, in October/November after some tests we found out she had breast cancer (in her lymph nodes), another tumor in her back and some hot spots on her brain. She began radiation treatments right away. My family decided to spend Christmas together in Boise. I, however, couldn't make it down since Jeremiah only had Christmas day off. So I flew in Christmas night and got to enjoy a couple of days with everyone. Erika wasn't feeling very well by the time I got there (she was exhausted), but we thoroughly enjoyed out impromptu photo shoot as sisters. Here are many of the pictures we took together. We were making silly faces and there are some great ones that Trent (Erika's hubby) took, these are the few I got. We were exhausted by the time we were done! Ha! I LOVE my sister's and am so grateful for their friendship. We continue to pray that Erika's body will fight off this disease and stay strong.
"Let us all try to stand a little taller, rise a little higher, be a little better. Make the extra effort. You will be happier." President Gordon B. Hinckley
2 comments:
Everyone looks so great!
Oh, and welcome to the dark side!
Post a Comment