After 2 1/2 weeks away, I am finally home. It has been REALLY nice to sleep in my own bed and be back home with my beautiful family. The picture above was posted on our garage for me to see when I arrived home. It says, "Welcome Home Mom. We Love You." It was a fun little surprise. I awoke early Tuesday morning to a howling wind and all I could think about was the sign on the garage. I didn't want it to blow away before I could get a picture to blog. I think it was easier to focus on that worry than on the discomfort I was feeling. I asked Jeremiah to go out and take a picture yesterday morning and was pleasantly surprised that it was mostly in tact.
Yesterday was Brianna's last day with us. Brianna is Jeremiah's niece who came to stay with Jeremiah and the girls while I was gone. We spent some time together, visited the BYU Bookstore to pick up a thank you gift, went out to dinner, and I even worked for a couple of hours while she packed her things. I am very grateful for her sacrifice for my sake. She recently moved to San Diego from Washington and hadn't started school or work yet when we called to ask for her help. It was a huge blessing to have her here and I am so grateful that I never had to worry about the girls while I was away. She is so wonderful with them and they absolutely love her!
I may have pushed myself a little too hard though since I am quite exhausted today. I will be taking it easy over the next couple of weeks and allowing my body to continue with the healing process. Just as an FYI and not as a complaint, some of the things that I am experiencing include nerve sensitivity from my belly button around to the middle of my back on the side the kidney was removed, lower back ache, discomfort in my belly (it's still a bit larger than normal), my heart rate increases when I push myself too hard and I'm quite easily winded. I've also noticed my body shakes just a bit, even more when I'm up and moving. I also have found that I can't sit or lay too long in one position as I get stiff and start to experience more discomfort. It snowed yesterday and the mountains surrounding Utah valley are beautiful; however, the added cold has been a bit of a challenge too as my muscles tighten up when I get too chilly.
All of this is worth it though, Lannette is doing amazing! I am so grateful for this and am hoping that my kidney (aka Flo) has a long, enjoyable stay in her beautiful body ... 30 years isn't too much to ask is it?
I thought I'd finish with a picture of my belly. I know it's not the most beautiful belly, but couldn't help but laugh at the Picasso-esq like smiley face I have thanks to Dr. Salvalaggio!
3 comments:
We are so glad you are recovering well and are home with your family! Don't push yourself too hard!
I am so glad you are home and recovering!
Welcome home - glad to hear that you, your sister, and Flo are doing well!
Post a Comment