On September 30th I received a call from UW Medical Center indicating that they had an opening to change the date of surgery to an earlier time (originally scheduled for October 28). After calling Lannette and rearranging child care, flights, work, etc. we accepted the new surgery date of October 13th! It was quite the crazy scramble to get things done and I'll admit I've been a little anxious with the surgery so close, but I'm so glad that Lannette doesn't have to wait any longer. Dialysis was taking it's toll. I wish there were more people willing to donate kidney's because I can only imagine how hard it must be to have no family available and be waiting on the UNOS list for the next available kidney. I am so glad I am a match and can do this for Lannette.
So I am here in Washington, arrived Thursday night. We had to be here for lab tests yesterday (blood and urine) and now I get to spend the weekend with Alicia & family (Lannette was busy with other plans and I'm sure I'll get plenty of time with her later). I would like to keep track of all the events of this transplant, so we begin with a picture of Lannette and I at the UW lab. More posts will come as we document each additional appointment and event (fingers crossed I actually feel good and/or can get Jeremiah to make a few posts).
My sweet, innocent self-photo, while waiting for Lannette to finish.
Her, interesting, self photograph while waiting for me to get off the phone (I hadn't realized she took this until uploading the pictures.) It is TRUE Lannette style. She is one of the most HILARIOUS people I know! We have many silly sister pictures.
Lannette and I in the waiting room, just after our labs.
Thank you all for your continued thoughts and prayers. We love you and will keep you updated as best we can!
1 comment:
I look forward to hearing all the updates. I just know everything will go off without a hitch.
Post a Comment